Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fuchsia Glow


Had a block in my head

Every color seemed blurred and mixed up

Like the painter’s palette, a messed up patch

Could not trace the hues & tints

But i knew all of them end up in black.

Walked out till I was at the top of the crooked steep street

Stood there looking down at the twists and turns it unveiled

The vastness of the city at its foot is covered with blinking lights

From the corner of my eye, I saw rays of neon lights rising in to the empty sky

They surely have a color, but for the moment they looked like fireflies

With squinched eyes, tried to trace the locus of their meeting, it was all haywire

It seemed familiar, as it was the state of my mind.

Stood color blinded in the middle of the street while it busted with energy and light

On hearing a loud giggle, was jolted out of my thought

That’s when I saw the color from one dimple to the other

It looked like the corners of her mouth are spreading their wings to touch the crescents

She walked past me soaking me in the halo that followed along

Standing there I saw the color zip fast me, ripping me through my numb body.

Tried tracing the emitter of the glow, she disappeared in to the twisted lanes

Leaving the hint of her sheen on the creepers that appeared at the corner of the roads

Touched the luster she left along the way

And that’s when, saw the colors of my life time

Colors enough to destroy one’s life

Colors when put together can conquer the whole world

Colors that ran as a DNA

Stood there trying to swim in the wide spectrum of colors

And saw the color blindness getting drenched in her Fuchsia Glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment